What is VideoBoxApp?
This is an advertising type program for Mac. VideoBoxApp was created by crooks to infect Mac in a stealthy way. This means that the program penetrates the system by attaching to free applications, so that users downloading the application they need receive virus without their consent.
This virus introduces infection by introducing a large number of advertisements which, when clicked, redirects victims to unwanted programs. Redirects and advertisements reduce Mac activity. You need to remove VideoBoxApp to undo the dangerous changes to virus.
How to Remove VideoBoxApp
- Remove VideoBoxApp Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove VideoBoxApp From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove VideoBoxApp Automatically
To quickly remove VideoBoxApp from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove VideoBoxApp from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove VideoBoxApp from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete VideoBoxApp and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove VideoBoxApp from browsers:
Remove VideoBoxApp and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove VideoBoxApp from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove VideoBoxApp from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove VideoBoxApp from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From VideoBoxApp and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se VideoBoxApp curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.