What is ApolloSearch?
This is another program created by fraudsters to illegally introduce into Mac and infect a device using advertising notifications. Developers of the program reassign the browser home page, search engine and new tab URLs so that user is redirected to unwanted pages when they enter a query. Also, you will be redirected without your own desire when you click on ads. Advertising is a mandatory attribute of ApolloSearch because adware infects the system through advertising notifications.
Restoring a jailbroken browser is impossible without removing the software that affects it. This means that you need to remove ApolloSearch using the instructions below.
How to Remove ApolloSearch
- Remove ApolloSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ApolloSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove ApolloSearch Automatically
To quickly remove ApolloSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ApolloSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ApolloSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ApolloSearch and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ApolloSearch from browsers:
Remove ApolloSearch and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ApolloSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ApolloSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ApolloSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ApolloSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se ApolloSearch curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.