What is ExploreActivity?
ExploreActivity it is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUA) used to spread Mac infection. ExploreActivity spreads using a fake installer for Adobe Flash Player to create advertisements and promote a fake search engine. Moreover, it is very likely that this application is designed to collect information about its users.
ExploreActivity displays pop-ups, coupons, banners, polls or other advertisements to promote pages to download various malicious applications. These factors negatively affect Mac activity and facilitate theft of personal information. We will help you remove virus.
How to Remove ExploreActivity
- Remove ExploreActivity Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ExploreActivity From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove ExploreActivity Automatically
To quickly remove ExploreActivity from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ExploreActivity from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ExploreActivity from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ExploreActivity and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ExploreActivity from browsers:
Remove ExploreActivity and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ExploreActivity from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ExploreActivity from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ExploreActivity from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ExploreActivity and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se ExploreActivity curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.