What is news-fedaka.cc?
News-fedaka.cc is a malicious website that utilizes a clickbait tactic to trick users into allowing notifications. This permission is then utilized to show copious amounts of advertisements to said users. To be more specific, the website consists of a fake video player, a text saying “Click Allow to watch the video”, and, of course, the prompt to show notifications. The spammers hope that an inattentive user would just automatically click “Allow” without realizing that they’re allowing the website to “notify” them. In addition, after agreeing to notifications, the users are redirected to another website that also prompts the user to allow notifications. So if you’re receiving news-fedaka.cc spam, you may also be receiving spam from yousweeps.com. The advertisements these websites show are also fraudulent in nature – they seem to revolve around easy ways to make ridiculous amounts of money online. You don’t need to be a fancy threat analyst to tells these are scams, but, just to be sure – these are all scams. Another thing to note is that those deceptive websites often have names like this one, starting with “news”, then several random letters, then “.cc”. For example, news-hoyisa.cc and news-hetayi.cc are also spam websites. You should be suspicious of websites like this in the future and do not give them the permission to send you notifications. But what should you do to make your computer stop telling you about “wonderful opportunities to earn $500 in 10 minutes without leaving your house” right now? Thankfully, it is very easy to remove news-fedaka.cc notifications.
How to remove news-fedaka.cc automatically
The easiest and convenient way to get rid of malware is to use a proper anti-malware program that can eliminate news-fedaka.cc and all its traces in just a few clicks.
Performing an antimalware scan with Norton would automatically search out and delete all elements related to the adware. Download it by clicking the button below:
Manually remove news-fedaka.cc notifications
As mentioned earlier, if you erroneously subscribed to news-fedaka.cc spam, you may also be subscribed to spam from yousweeps.com. If this is the case, simply perform the steps twice, and search for yousweeps.com instead of news-fedaka.cc during your second time.
- Click on the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner
- Select Settings
- Then, select Privacy and Security from the menu on the left
- Select Site Settings, then Notifications (scroll down if the option is not immediately visible)
- Find news-fedaka.cc under Allowed to send notifications, then click on the arrow to the right of the website’s name
- Click Reset permissions
- Click on the menu button (it looks like three horizontal lines)
- Select Settings
- Then, select Privacy & Security from the menu on the left
- Find the Permissions section (you may need to scroll down for this)
- There should be a Settings… button next to Notifications, click it
- Select news-fedaka.cc and click on the Remove Website button
- Open Safari tab and click Preferences
- Click on the Websites button in the top menu (the one with the globe icon)
- Select Notifications from the menu on the left
- Find news-fedaka.cc in the list, select it and then click Remove