What is news-hetayi.cc?
News-hetayi.cc is a deceitful website. It consists of a simple black screen and a prompt to allow notifications. To convince the users to do so, the website says “If you’re 18+ click Allow”. Though news-hetayi.cc doesn’t actually promise anything, it is implied that doing so will let the user access the website’s content. It is further implied that the website’s content is adult in nature, as the prompt pretends to be an age confirmation check.
This is not a legitimate website hosting content of any kind, it is just a way to trick users into letting the hackers “notify” them. Said notifications consist of nothing but spam – a large amount of dishonest, malicious advertisements, such as clickbait news articles, links to a “game that just took your country by storm” which is in fact a virus, and other fraudulent information. Although they are very annoying, it is easy to remove news-hetayi.cc notifications. All you have to do is to follow the guide below.
How to remove news-hetayi.cc automatically
The easiest and convenient way to get rid of malware is to use a proper anti-malware program that can eliminate news-hetayi.cc and all its traces in just a few clicks.
Performing an antimalware scan with Norton would automatically search out and delete all elements related to the adware. Download it by clicking the button below:
Manually remove news-hetayi.cc notifications
- Click on the three-dot menu button in the upper-right corner
- Select Settings
- Then, select Privacy and Security from the menu on the left
- Select Site Settings, then Notifications (scroll down if the option is not immediately visible)
- Find news-hetayi.cc under Allowed to send notifications, then click on the arrow to the right of the website’s name
- Click Reset permissions
- Click on the menu button (it looks like three horizontal lines)
- Select Settings
- Then, select Privacy & Security from the menu on the left
- Find the Permissions section (you may need to scroll down for this)
- There should be a Settings… button next to Notifications, click it
- Select news-hetayi.cc and click on the Remove Website button
- Open Safari tab and click Preferences
- Click on the Websites button in the top menu (the one with the globe icon)
- Select Notifications from the menu on the left
- Find news-hetayi.cc in the list, select it and then click Remove