What is UnitHandler?
UnitHandler is a dangerous adware application for Mac that is designed to infect a device by injecting ads.
You may think that this is a safe application and there is no harm from ads, this is just an informational notice. In fact, a large number of advertisements will significantly reduce system activity. Mac performance is slowing down. But this is not the only reason to get rid of virus.
From the moment it penetrates the Mac, virus has been supplying the system with a large number of advertisements (banners, pop-ups, polls, coupons). They overlap the necessary information on the screen so that you inadvertently click on the ad and be redirected to unnecessary pages.
To get rid of Mac from fraudsters, remove UnitHandler. There are two ways: remove virus automatically or manually.
How to Remove UnitHandler
- Remove UnitHandler Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove UnitHandler From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove UnitHandler Automatically
To quickly remove UnitHandler from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove UnitHandler from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove UnitHandler from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete UnitHandler and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove UnitHandler from browsers:
Remove UnitHandler and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove UnitHandler from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove UnitHandler from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove UnitHandler from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From UnitHandler and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se UnitHandler curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.