What is ActivityConfig?
ActivityConfig is an adware type program created by scammers for Mac to promote fake URLs.
This virus makes certain changes to the settings to control user actions. For example, changes will overtake your usual search engine. After changing the settings, any query entered in the search engine will be sent to the pages promoted by the virus. Also, problems will overtake you when working on the Internet because you will find a huge amount of ads that intrusively appear on the screen, interfering with user`s work, because ads overlap the information on the screen. It is problematic to keep pop-ups closed all the time. This is done so that you specifically or accidentally click on these ads. Clicks redirect to unwanted pages.
! To get rid of these changes, you must remove ActivityConfig !
How to Remove ActivityConfig
- Remove ActivityConfig Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ActivityConfig From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove ActivityConfig Automatically
To quickly remove ActivityConfig from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ActivityConfig from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ActivityConfig from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ActivityConfig and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ActivityConfig from browsers:
Remove ActivityConfig and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ActivityConfig from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ActivityConfig from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ActivityConfig from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ActivityConfig and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se ActivityConfig curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.