What is ActivePower?
ActivePower is an adware application that aims to infect Mac by introducing annoying ads. Virus collects information about browsing, queries, actions on the Internet in order to identify interesting topics of users to display advertisements on these topics. ActivePower displays a large number of advertisements while running or even when the browser is closed. Advertising overlaps the necessary information on the screen so that the user clicks on the advertisement not only at will, but also unintentionally. Clicks on these ads take victims to unwanted pages
These pages can download some applications, even malicious ones, without your agreement. Advertising, redirects reduce device activity. ActivePower needs to be removed.
How to Remove ActivePower
- Remove ActivePower Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ActivePower From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove ActivePower Automatically
To quickly remove ActivePower from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ActivePower from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ActivePower from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ActivePower and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ActivePower from browsers:
Remove ActivePower and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ActivePower from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ActivePower from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ActivePower from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ActivePower and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se ActivePower curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.