What Is TotalProjectSearch?
TotalProjectSearch is an adware type virus that aims to infect Mac
It infiltrates the system in a stealthy manner and begins to change certain browser settings in order to control the actions of victims. For example, each of your subsequent requests will be directed to pages promoted by a virus. This brings inconvenience to work on the Mac. Another significant inconvenience is the constant pop-up windows that the virus injects to block the necessary information on the screen. Due to the sudden appearance of ads, users are more likely to click unintentionally. Redirects and clicks impair the performance of your Mac and benefit developers. Also, fraudsters collect personal information from users in order to monetize it.
You can get rid of fraudsters by removing the virus using an automatic or manual method.
How to Remove TotalProjectSearch
- Remove TotalProjectSearch Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove TotalProjectSearch From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove TotalProjectSearch Automatically
To quickly remove TotalProjectSearch from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove TotalProjectSearch from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove TotalProjectSearch from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete TotalProjectSearch and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove TotalProjectSearch from browsers:
Remove TotalProjectSearch and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove TotalProjectSearch from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove TotalProjectSearch from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove TotalProjectSearch from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From TotalProjectSearch and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se TotalProjectSearch curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.