What Is RecordEnumerator?
RecordEnumerator is a dangerous adware type virus for Mac. He secretly penetrates the system, hacks browsers so that all further actions are under the control of developers. Virus changes the usual search engine and redirects all requests entered into the search engine to unwanted malicious pages. This can lead to downloads of the same type of published applications and collecting views. Constant redirects and advertising from RecordEnumerator have a negative impact on the work of the Mac. It starts to run slower because a lot of advertisements and redirects overwhelm the Mac.
This virus places pop-ups, banners, coupons and other intrusive ads on any site you visit, even when the Internet tab is closed. If you are worried about the activity of your Mac, then you need to get rid of RecordEnumerator. To do this, read the instructions below.
How to Remove RecordEnumerator
- Remove RecordEnumerator Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove RecordEnumerator From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove RecordEnumerator Automatically
To quickly remove RecordEnumerator from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove RecordEnumerator from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove RecordEnumerator from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete RecordEnumerator and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove RecordEnumerator from browsers:
Remove RecordEnumerator and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove RecordEnumerator from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove RecordEnumerator from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove RecordEnumerator from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From RecordEnumerator and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.