What Is PublicFraction?
PublicFraction is a malicious program designed to serve ads and promote fake search engines by modifying certain browser settings. PublicFraction works as an adware for Mac devices. PublicFraction feeds the system with persistent annoying advertisements for the user to inadvertently click on it while browsing the Internet.
When you click on these ads, various questionable pages are usually opened that you do not need. These pages cause unwanted downloads of some programs. PublicFraction changes certain browser settings and collects information about users. To save Mac from problems, you need to remove the fake search engine file that the virus introduced. However, the address of a fake search engine can only be removed from the browser settings if virus is removed. See below how to effectively remove PublicFraction.
How to Remove PublicFraction
- Remove PublicFraction Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove PublicFraction From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove PublicFraction Automatically
To quickly remove PublicFraction from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove PublicFraction from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove PublicFraction from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete PublicFraction and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove PublicFraction from browsers:
Remove PublicFraction and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove PublicFraction from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove PublicFraction from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove PublicFraction from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From PublicFraction and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se PublicFraction curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.