What Is ProductiveRotator?
ProductiveRotator is malware for Mac. This application is of an advertising type because it enters the system using the picking method. This is a method in which viruses attach themselves to some applications, most often free of charge, so that the probability of penetration is high. One of ProductiveRotator’s distribution methods is fake Adobe Flash Player updates.
After infiltrating the system, ProductiveRotator carries out intrusive advertising campaigns and changes browser settings to promote fake search engines. search.locatorunit.com is a fake search engine promoted by ProductiveRotator . The modified search engine redirects victims’ requests to the pages of fraudulent sites. These unwanted redirects and constant advertisements reduce the activity of your Mac
ProductiveRotator has the ability to track personal data for further monetization. This virus will not only affect your Mac, but also your privacy. These are significant reasons to get rid of ProductiveRotator as soon as possible.
How to Remove ProductiveRotator
- Remove ProductiveRotator Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ProductiveRotator From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove ProductiveRotator Automatically
To quickly remove ProductiveRotator from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ProductiveRotator from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ProductiveRotator from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ProductiveRotator and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ProductiveRotator from browsers:
Remove ProductiveRotator and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ProductiveRotator from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ProductiveRotator from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ProductiveRotator from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ProductiveRotator and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.