What Is PowerSuite?
PowerSuite is a Mac malware that is advertised as a tool designed to free up disk space, remove unnecessary files, duplicate files and unwanted applications. This description of program is just questionable methods for distributing it from developers. Scammers use this marketing method to lure users in.
However, none of the actions advertised by PowerSuite can be used, because it is a trick. In fact, virus was created by scammers to infect MAK and are designed to trick users into paying money for their registration. A virus can install unnecessary programs without your consent and these installed programs can be malicious. The main tools for virus infection are advertisements. PowerSuite displays a large number of ads so that when clicked, users are redirected to unwanted pages.
! To get rid of these problems, you need to remove PowerSuite from your Mac. See below!
How to Remove PowerSuite
- Remove PowerSuite Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove PowerSuite From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove PowerSuite Automatically
To quickly remove PowerSuite from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove PowerSuite from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove PowerSuite from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete PowerSuite and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove PowerSuite from browsers:
Remove PowerSuite and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove PowerSuite from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove PowerSuite from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove PowerSuite from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From PowerSuite and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.