What Is Pepe ransomware?
Pepe is a computer pest will sneak into any type of device and begin to scan the system to find important files and block them with a special infectious algorithm
All files encrypted by the virus have the extension “.pepe” at the end of the familiar name. After encryption, a note from Pepe ransomware developers appears on the desktop screen:
!!! Your Files Has Been Encrypted !!!
♦ your files has been locked with highest secure cryptography algorithm ♦
♦ there is no way to decrypt your files without paying and buying Decryption tool♦
♦ but after 48 hour decryption price will be double♦
♦ you can send some little files for decryption test♦
♦ test file should not contain valuable data♦
♦ after payment you will get decryption tool ( payment Should be with Bitcoin)♦
♦ so if you want your files dont be shy feel free to contact us and do an agreement on price♦
♦ !!! or Delete you files if you dont need them !!!
♦Your ID :-
our Email :firstname.lastname@example.org
In Case Of No Answer :email@example.com
This note is created by scammers after most of files are locked. Scammers offer to buy tools to decrypt files. We hasten to warn you that decryption is possible only if there is no Pepe ransomware in the system. Pepe ransomware needs to be removed urgently.
How to Remove Pepe ransomware
- Remove Pepe ransomware Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove Pepe ransomware From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove Pepe ransomware Automatically
To quickly remove Pepe ransomware from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove Pepe ransomware from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove Pepe ransomware from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete Pepe ransomware and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove Pepe ransomware from browsers:
Remove Pepe ransomware and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove Pepe ransomware from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove Pepe ransomware from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove Pepe ransomware from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From Pepe ransomware and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se Pepe ransomware curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.