What is Nozelesn Ransomware?
Nozelesn is a fresh ransomware virus that was released in June 2018. The first wave of victims by the Nozelesn Ransomware fell on users from Polland, but now it is distributed worldwide. Upon completion of the encryption process, Nozelesn Ransomware demands a ransom at the rate of 0.1 BTC (~ $660). If you have Nozelesn Ransomware installed on your computer, we urge you not to pay anything to cybercriminals, as there is no guarantee that they will fulfill their promises. Instead, you may remove Nozelesn ransomware and decrypt .nozelesn files without paying anything.
Nozelesn Ransomware encodes users’ personal files via Salsa20 encryption algorithm. It is easy to recognize by “.nozelesn” extension which is added to each affected file. For example, file “myfamily.jpg” will turn into “myfamily.nozelesn”. After this, ransomware creates HOW_FIX_NOZELESN_FILES.htm on the desktop where the user will find instructions to decrypt encrypted files:
All files including videos, photos and documents on your computer are encrypted by nozelesn ransomware.
File decryption costs money.
In order to decrypt the files, you need to perform the following steps:
1. You should download and install this browser http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
2. After installation, run the browser and enter the address: lyasuvlsarvrlyxz.onion
3. Follow the instructions on the web-site. We remind you that the sooner you do, the more chances are left to recover the files.
Guaranteed recovery is provided within 10 days.
You should enter the personal code on the tor site.
Your Personal CODE:
The payment is carried out in bitcoins through the Tor browser. This method is very common among scammers as it allows them to remain anonymous. Here are some screenshots from their website, called “Nozelesn decryption cabinet”.
The virus doesn’t delete your files which means you have a good chance to get them back. Before deciphering, you should first stay focused on removing Nozelesn Ransomware in order to avoid the re-infection. Once Nozelesn Ransomware is removed, you can proceed with decryption. Both automatic and manual solution is presented here that we hope will help you remove Nozelesn Ransomware and recover your files.
How Nozelesn ransomware gets on your PC?
This type of virus can be infiltrated through several methods, including a freeware software, spam messages, trojans, software from dangerous sources, etc. A process of installation can start hidden and automatically. Besides that, some malware programs can mark Nozelesn Ransomware as a trusted software program.
How to remove Nozelesn ransomware?
To make sure that the ransomware won’t reappear, you need to delete Nozelesn ransomware completely. For this, you need to remove the files and registry entries of the ransomware. We should warn you that performing some of the steps may require above-average skills, so if you don’t feel experienced enough, you may apply to the automatic removal tool.
Performing an antimalware scan with Norton would automatically search out and delete all elements related to Nozelesn ransomware. It is not only the easiest way to eliminate Nozelesn ransomware but also the safest and the most assuring one.
How to decrypt .nozelesn files
Restore files with Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is an essential tool in the fight against ransomware-type viruses that can recover encrypted files.
- Download Stellar Data Recovery and launch it
- Select the drive you want to recover and click START SCAN
- After scanning is finished, you are presented with a list of recoverable files found.
- Select the required files and click the Recover
Decrypt files using our decryption service
You may try using our own service for decrypting files compromised by ransomware-type viruses. The analysis of data takes 3-5 days, after which, we will let you know whether it’s decryptable or not. Note: the service is paid, payment is charged only for decryption, the analysis is free. In order to use our service, you should fill out the form listed below.
Also, please add a log file, created on your PC:
- Click “Start” and type: “cmd.exe” in the search box
- Right-click “cmd.exe” and select “Run as administrator“
- In command line, type or copy/paste following: dir C:\ /a/s > “%userprofile%\dirc.log”
- Find and attach the created “%userprofile%\dirc.log” file to the web form
Please attach encrypted text files according to the following conditions:
- number of files should not exceed 4;
- file size is not more than 8 megabytes;
- files must be from different folders;
- files must be unique.
Restore the system
- Initiate the search for system restore
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
If the above-mentioned methods didn’t help in eliminating the threat, then it’s better to rely on an automatic way of deleting Nozelesn Ransomware.
How to prevent ransomware infection
To prevent infection with ransomware-type viruses, you should have proper antimalware software. This method is convenient because it allows you to detect a virus before it penetrates, and therefore to avoid infection and the loss of all your data. It is capable of protecting not only home computers but also server systems in large organizations. Download antimalware program to secure your system and privacy.