What is FPMPlayer?
If your usual browser redirects you to third-party sites every time you enter search queries into the address bar, then you have malware installed on your Mac. MicroClick is one such program. Virus is a malicious adware application for Mac infection. Like all viruses of this type, MicroClick is installed on your Macbook along with a free application or a fake software update. Often, users receive notifications that, for example, Flash Player or is out of date and requires an update and provide you with a link to download the new version. Users follow the link and thus admit the virus to themselves. Please understand that most browsers update automatically!
MicroClick modifies the search engine, home page and browser settings to control Mac activity. This virus promotes fake pages in order to increase ad revenue for developers. You may notice that more and more advertisements appear on the screen. They cannot be canceled while MicroClick is present on your Mac. Therefore, it is necessary to rid the Mac of the virus. To do this, we have prepared for you the removal methods see below .
How to Remove MicroClick
- Remove MicroClick Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove MicroClick From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove MicroClick Automatically
To quickly remove MicroClick from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove MicroClick from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove MicroClick from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete MicroClick and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove MicroClick from browsers:
Remove MicroClick and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove MicroClick from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove MicroClick from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove MicroClick from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From MicroClick and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se MicroClick curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.