What Is LearningActivity?
LearningActivity is an ad-type application aimed at the attraction of Mac. Previously, Mac was regarded by users as a device protected from all computer pests, but more and more scammers began to work on creating effective Mac killers. LearningActivity is one such creature.
This virus places pop-ups, banners, coupons, polls and annoying ads on any site visited by any browser. This seriously degrades the viewing experience because a large number of advertisements limit the site’s visibility and slow down the browsing speed. When clicking on an advertisement, users are redirected to various malicious sites that the virus promotes. Scammers completely restrict access to browser settings. This means that you will not be able to undo the changes in the system yourself. Therefore, it is necessary to remove LearningActivity.
How to Remove LearningActivity
- Remove LearningActivity Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove LearningActivity From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove LearningActivity Automatically
To quickly remove LearningActivity from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove LearningActivity from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove LearningActivity from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete LearningActivity and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove LearningActivity from browsers:
Remove LearningActivity and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove LearningActivity from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove LearningActivity from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove LearningActivity from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From LearningActivity and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.