What Is ExpandedQuest?
ExpandedQuest is designed to serve ads and change browser settings to redirect user requests to the address of a fake search engine. In parallel with changing the settings, virus works as a collector of personal data, for example, information about geolocation, passwords, etc. ExpandedQuest is designed to infect specifically Mac devices.
It provides users with polls, banners, pop-ups, coupons to get them to click on ads. Clicking leads to redirects to pages promoted by the virus. Usually, such pages lead to loading some dangerous programs and overloading the system. Therefore, you will notice that your Mac began to work slower, worse.
In order to rid Mac of ExpandedQuest, you can use automatic removal to save time, nerves and be sure that no errors will occur. But if you are confident in your experience, then you can use manual removal by following the instructions. See below.
How to Remove ExpandedQuest
- Remove ExpandedQuest Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove ExpandedQuest From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove ExpandedQuest Automatically
To quickly remove ExpandedQuest from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove ExpandedQuest from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove ExpandedQuest from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete ExpandedQuest and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove ExpandedQuest from browsers:
Remove ExpandedQuest and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove ExpandedQuest from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove ExpandedQuest from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove ExpandedQuest from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From ExpandedQuest and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.