What is DigitalRecord?
DigitalRecord is a program that infects Mac devices by injecting advertisements. DigitalRecord introduces a large number of ads including banners, coupons, pop-ups. In order to get victims to click on them. When clicking on an advertisement, users are redirected to unwanted pages that the virus promotes to collect views. This is dangerous for the Mac, because these pages can covertly install various malicious programs. DigitalRecord displays a large number of advertisements for the user to click on it. Clicks, redirects significantly worsen the Mac condition and slow down the work.
This is a powerful argument for removing virus. Remove DigitalRecord as soon as possible to prevent system infection. For faster and safer removal of system, we suggest you use automatic removal.
How to Remove DigitalRecord
- Remove DigitalRecord Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove DigitalRecord From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Mainsourceofupdate.best and Other Adware
Remove DigitalRecord Automatically
To quickly remove DigitalRecord from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove DigitalRecord from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove DigitalRecord from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete DigitalRecord and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove DigitalRecord from browsers:
Remove DigitalRecord and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove DigitalRecord from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove DigitalRecord from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove DigitalRecord from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From DigitalRecord and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se DigitalRecord curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.