What Is DevModule?
DevModule is an adware application for infecting Mac devices. By using ads, the virus slows down the activity of Mac. This is due to the overloading of the system with a large amount of dangerous information that is sent through advertisements and redirects.
DevModule enters the system and changes the settings so that each of your subsequent requests is redirected from the search engine to unreliable pages without your consent. Your work with Mac will be accompanied by intrusive pop-up windows that interfere with your work and overlap the necessary information.
These factors are a good reason to get rid of the virus as soon as possible. For this, we have prepared several types of removal for you.
How to Remove DevModule
- Remove DevModule Automatically
- Delete Rogue Applications
- Remove DevModule From Browsers
- How to Protect Your PC From Other Adware
Remove DevModule Automatically
To quickly remove DevModule from your Mac OS you may run a scan with Norton; it is a great antivirus that may be able to remove DevModule from your Mac.
Other apps that might be able to remove DevModule from Mac :
Go to Applications folder and delete DevModule and other new and suspicious apps.
- On the top menu select Go => Applications.
- Drag an unwanted application to the Trash bin.
- Right-click on the Trash and select Empty Trash.
Remove DevModule from browsers:
Remove DevModule and another suspicious extensions, then change browsers’ homepage, new tab page, start page and default search engine.
Remove DevModule from Safari:
- On the top menu select Safari => Preferences.
- Select Extensions tab.
- Select an extension you want to delete and click Uninstall button next to it.
Remove DevModule from Google Chrome:
- Click on three dots menu button .
- Select More tools => Extensions.
- Find an extension you want to delete and click REMOVE under it.
- Click Remove in the dialog box.
Remove DevModule from Mozilla Firefox:
- Click on menu button and select Add-ons.
- Go to Extensions tab.
- To uninstall an add-on, click on Remove button next to it.
How to Protect Your Mac From DevModule and Other Adware:
- Get a powerful anti-malware software, capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs. Having several on-demand scanners would be a good idea too.
- Keep your OS, browsers and se DevModule curity software up to date. Malware creators find new browser and OS vulnerabilities to exploit all the time. Software writers, in turn, release patches and updates to get rid of the known vulnerabilities and lesser the chance of malware penetration. Antivirus program’s signature databases get updated every day and even more often to include new virus signatures.
- Download and use uBlock Origin, Adblock, Adblock Plus or one of the similar trustworthy extensions for blocking third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t download software from unverified web-sites. You can easily download a trojan (malware that pretends to be a useful application); or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process. Choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed. You can make exceptions for the aps you know and trust, of course. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely.