What is Zenis Ransomware?
Zenis is a hazardous computer virus that prevents access to user files using AES cipher. Once it gets on PC, Zenis starts to scan and encrypt all sensitive files including photos, videos and documents. Names of all infected files will be changed in accordance with Zenis-[2 random characters].[12 random characters] pattern. For example, “mydoc.doc” will turn into “Zenis-5Q.7CWn3oPPxY5P”. At last, the virus leaves victims with the ransom note in form of HTML file (Zenis-Instructions.html”) that contains instructions to get the files back. However, we urge you not to transfer them money because cybercriminals often ignore people after payment is done. Instead of this, we offer you free ways described below to decrypt your files and remove Zenis ransomware from your computer.
How Zenis ransomware gets on your PC?
This type of virus can be infiltrated through several methods, including a freeware software, spam messages, trojans, software from dangerous sources, etc. A process of installation can start hidden and automatically. Besides that, some malware programs can mark Zenis Ransomware as a trusted software program.
What to do if your PC is infected with Zenis ransomware
As soon as you notice the presence of the ransomware on your system, you should turn your computer off. If it is possible to try to create a backup or image of your hard drive info. This may let you reserve the state of your drives in case a decryption method would be created afterward.
How to remove Zenis ransomware?
To make sure that the ransomware won’t reappear, you need to delete Zenis ransomware completely. For this, you need to remove the files and registry entries of the ransomware. We should warn you that performing some of the steps may require above-average skills, so if you don’t feel experienced enough, you may apply to automatic removal tool.
Performing an antimalware scan with WiperSoft Removal Tool would automatically search out and delete all elements related to Zenis ransomware. It is not only the easiest way to eliminate Zenis ransomware, but also the safest and the most assuring one.
How to decrypt and restore files
Restore files with an automatic tool
There is a possible way to decrypt files encrypted by Zenis using Data Recovery Pro that would help you recover your files in the absence of required decryptor.
- Download Data Recovery Pro and launch it
- Select the drive you want to recover and click START SCAN
- After scanning is finished, you are presented with a list of recoverable files found.
- Select the required files and click the Recover
Decrypt files using our decryption service
You may try using our own service for decrypting files compromised by ransomware-type viruses. The analysis of data takes 3-5 days, after which, we will let you know whether it’s decryptable or not. Note: the service is paid, payment is charged only for decryption, the analysis is free. In order to use our service, you should fill out the form listed below.
Also, please add a log file, created on your PC:
- Click “Start” and type: “cmd.exe” in the search box
- Right-click “cmd.exe” and select “Run as administrator“
- In command line, type or copy/paste following: dir C:\ /a/s > “%userprofile%\dirc.log”
- Find and attach the created “%userprofile%\dirc.log” file to the web form
Please attach encrypted text files according to the following conditions:
- number of files should not exceed 4;
- file size is not more than 8 megabytes;
- files must be from different folders;
- files must be unique.
Restore the system
- Initiate the search for system restore
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
If the above-mentioned methods didn’t help in eliminating the threat, then it’s better to rely on an automatic way of deleting Zenis ransomware.
We also recommend to download and use WiperSoft to scan the system after Zenis ransomware removal to make sure that it is completely gone. The antimalware application will detect any vicious components left among system files and registry entries that can recover Zenis ransomware.