What is Rapid 2.0 Ransomware?
Rapid 2.0 is the updated version of Rapid Ransomware which does not affect users from Russia. After penetration, virus first checks locale settings on victim’s computer and if they aren’t set to Russian, encryption begins. Rapid 2.0 Ransomware also differs from the first version by extension and ransom note. Each encrypted file will be renamed in accordance with [eight random digits].GJLLW (.GQKYO, .JFCWF) pattern. For example, “mydoc.doc” will turn into “56754318.GJLLW”. Upon completion of this process, Rapid 2.0 creates TXT file (DECRYPT.[5-random-characters].txt):
ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED BY RAPID 2.0 RANSOMWARE –
Dont worry, you can return all your files!
All your files documents, photos, databases and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase a Rapid Decryptor.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files and will delete Rapid from your PC.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
2. email@example.com (if first email unavailable)
What guarantees do we give to you?
You can send one of your encrypted files from your PC, and we decrypt him for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information
Dont try to use third-party decryptor tools because it will destroy your files
Rapid 2.0 Ransomware uses very complicated encryption algorithm which can’t be decrypted by automated tools to date. However, we still urge you not to contact cybercriminals and transfer them money. There are many users who have been deceived by them because they often disappear after payment is done. Instead of this, you may follow this guide which we hope will help you remove Rapid 2.0 ransomware from your computer and decrypt your files.
How Rapid 2.0 ransomware gets on your PC?
This type of virus can be infiltrated through several methods, including a freeware software, spam messages, trojans, software from dangerous sources, etc. A process of installation can start hidden and automatically. Besides that, some malware programs can mark Rapid 2.0 Ransomware as a trusted software program.
What to do if your PC is infected with Rapid 2.0 ransomware
As soon as you notice the presence of the ransomware on your system, you should turn your computer off. If it is possible to try to create a backup or image of your hard drive info. This may let you reserve the state of your drives in case a decryption method would be created afterward.
How to remove Rapid 2.0 ransomware?
To make sure that the ransomware won’t reappear, you need to delete Rapid 2.0 ransomware completely. For this, you need to remove the files and registry entries of the ransomware. We should warn you that performing some of the steps may require above-average skills, so if you don’t feel experienced enough, you may apply to automatic removal tool.
Performing an antimalware scan with SpyHunter Removal Tool would automatically search out and delete all elements related to Rapid 2.0 ransomware. It is not only the easiest way to eliminate Rapid 2.0 ransomware, but also the safest and the most assuring one.
How to decrypt and restore files
Restore files with an automatic tool
There is a possible way to decrypt your files using Dr. Web ANTI-VIRUS LABORATORY. This way is free for users who have a current subscription to any product of Dr.Web otherwise it will cost 150 EURO (This price includes the decryption service and a two-year Dr.Web Security Space license for 1 PC).
- Open your Dr.Web Security Space menu, then click on My Dr.Web button.
- Once you are on the webpage, click on the Home button.
- Find green Support section at the top of the website, select it, then look down to Service section. There you can find File decryption (Encoder) button, click on it.
- Choose I use Dr.Web, enter the CAPTCHA code and press Send..
- Enter your Dr.Web serial number, name and Email. Submit a request.
- Fill up the required fields, attach some decrypted files, screenshot or a text file containing the ransom demand and press Send.
Another essential tool called Data Recovery Pro would help you recover your files in the absence of required decryptor.
- Download Data Recovery Pro and launch it
- Select the drive you want to recover and click START SCAN
- After scanning is finished, you are presented with a list of recoverable files found.
- Select the required files and click the Recover
Decrypt files using our decryption service
You may try using our own service for decrypting files compromised by ransomware-type viruses. The analysis of data takes 3-5 days, after which, we will let you know whether it’s decryptable or not. Note: the service is paid, payment is charged only for decryption, the analysis is free. In order to use our service, you should fill out the form listed below.
Also, please add a log file, created on your PC:
- Click “Start” and type: “cmd.exe” in the search box
- Right-click “cmd.exe” and select “Run as administrator“
- In command line, type or copy/paste following: dir C:\ /a/s > “%userprofile%\dirc.log”
- Find and attach the created “%userprofile%\dirc.log” file to the web form
Please attach encrypted text files according to the following conditions:
- number of files should not exceed 4;
- file size is not more than 8 megabytes;
- files must be from different folders;
- files must be unique.
Restore the system
- Initiate the search for system restore
- Click on the result
- Choose the date before the infection appearance
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Roll the files back to the previous version
- Right-click the file and choose Properties
- Open the Previous Version tab
- Select the latest version and click Copy
- Click Restore
If the above-mentioned methods didn’t help in eliminating the threat, then it’s better to rely on an automatic way of deleting Rapid 2.0 Ransomware.
How to prevent ransomware infection
To get avoid infection with such viruses as ransomware, we advise you to use Dr.Web. Dr.Web is a powerful antimalware software that can quickly detect and remove Scarab-Rebus Ransomware with all vicious components left among system files and registry entries to make sure that it is completely gone. Dr.Web also has a feature (HTTP monitor), allowing to block access to dangerous sites in a real-time thus preventing you from being infected in the future. Just launch the scan and Dr.Web will take care of the rest.