How to fix 0x80073712 Error
Message 0x80073712 is a an error code that may appear on laptops and PCs when a user try to install Windows 10 1709 Updates. It happens after users try to update Windows to version 1709. The error is causes to the system problems that could be resolved with system recovery utilities, but in fact it is impossible. Sometimes, out of date drivers or damaged hard drives of your PC can lead to the same problem. In result user constantly faces of system problems. Below in this guide you will find several methods to fix 0x80073712 error.
Causes of receiving error 0x80073712 message
Error 0x80073712 may appear due to numerous reasons. Though the error message doesn’t give much information about reasons of error grounds, it is likely one of the list:
- Improperly operating applications that are connected with system restore components, that cause instability
- Files of System restore service that were altered or damaged
- Disabled Volume shadow copy option, that System Restore is linked to
- Executed Windows Update files
- Automatic Windows Updates
- Incompatible or out of date audio drivers
Ways to fix 0x80073712 error :
Below we present instructions that may solve the problem. Depending on your system, the solutions may slightly differ, so perform the steps suitable for your system.
Repairing system errors may be not an easy task, so we should warn you that performing some of the steps may require above-average skills, so if you don’t feel experienced enough, you may apply to automatic tool.
Aside from fixing 0x80073712 error, RegCure Pro will also automatically resolve other issues boosting your computer speed and stabilizing its performance.
Steps of manual resolving
Solution 1. Remove problem causing registry entries
- Press Windows+R
- Input ‘regedit’ and hit the Enter key
- Go to the following location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\
- Remove the below listed entries
- Reboot the PC
Solution 2. Re-register the required components
- Initiate the search for ‘command prompt’ as administrator
- Type the following commands and hit Enter after each
SC config wuauserv start= auto
SC config bits start= auto
SC config cryptsvc start= auto
SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
- Reboot the PC
If you are not sure what type of system you are using, then simply right-click the My Computer or This PC icon and choose Properties – in the appeared window you will see the information on your system version.
Solution 3. Permit VSS Copy
- Go to the Control Panel
- Change the view type to Icons
- Choose Administrative tools and within it go to the Services tab
- There at the bottom of the window find the Volume Shadow Copy service and double-click it
- Click on the Startup type menu and select Automatic
- Confirm your choice by clicking OK
Solution 4. Delete Conflicting File
Use this method if the error message emerges when you’re performing an installation of software through InstallShield.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallSheild\Professional\Runtime\ISProbe.tlb
- And remove ISProbe.tlb file
It is likely that you will need to view hidden files & folders to detect the file. For this open the Control Panel and click Folder Options. In the emerged window go to the tab View and mark the option ‘Show hidden files, folders, and drivers’